Back to main page

Phil on the state of the music industry

Good Day Phil Fans!

In this article on BBC News, Phil, along with a number of other seasoned rockers, comment on the state of the music industry today.  It's good to see insightful comments from Phil, along with a bit of playful humour.

Cheers!

""

COMMENTS

Phil ,

i decided to stop watching the grammys after watching it for the first time in many years this year ,it is totally sampled autotuned and faked to death for 90% of what i heard it is an insult to real musicians like you and I ,to give recognition to such bad taste garbage and consider it as "music"

ps; I hope you have great times with the boys ,

PMTStudio

Posted 3 years 25 weeks ago

I just read that Phil is going to retire from music....it can't be true.  The comment was made that he wouldn't be missed, that is so untrue.  Phil, I have grown up with you, seen you evolve as an artist and I appreciate the depth of your soul in your music.  I am hoping this is a bad press release.  Does anyone else know about this?  I couldn't get over the fact that he felt he wouldn't be missed and his disconnection with the music industry.  Granted, it's not the same music that Phil performs, but he is an artist, these others that are new, aren't.  They are created by the music industry and can't even sing.  Phil, you are loved and I pray this isn't true.

Peace,

Terrie

terrieadcock

Posted 3 years 25 weeks ago

The Music Industry would be an awful lot better if people like Phil (who can definately sing, and loves it as such), would start to help REAL performers have their chance. It really bugs me to see all the 'LIP SINGERS' around now, who have made themselves believe they can sing!!! I would bet everything i own that Cheryl Tweedy would run a mile if you stuck a real microphone in her awful GOB. If she were a food she would be sued by the trades description office, as would the likes of the two Minogue sisters, the elder one had the honour to be the first person ever to 'lip-sing', on a royal variety performance !!!!!

Common Phil, call their BLUFF

scarlets55

Posted 3 years 32 weeks ago

Phil Collins sings deep from his soul, and you can hear his raw emotion as he sings.

Clearly he feels his music and loves it deeply.

Phil Collins!!!! You're the best musician I ever known!!!! Please don't stop singing!!!!

TRuE_PhilCollinsFan

Posted 3 years 33 weeks ago

Hi!! My name's Thiago, I'm from Brazil and I would like to know if some day Phil Will come here (São Paulo city).We love him and would be a pleasure to see him in a big show! Thank you and sorry about the bad english language.

Thiago

Posted 3 years 34 weeks ago

know and trust?

methodmanrza

Posted 3 years 34 weeks ago

I agree with Phil but I think Phil's always been good looking.  I think it really helps if your good at what you do and if people like that particular genre of music.  With 'Genesis', I think they wrote awesome songs and the musicians sounded amazing.  Phil is a natural and awesome as a frontman, (singer and musician).  'Genesis' also had a high tech back drop, which made for an exciting visual.  As a solo artist, I think Phil Collins is absolutely awesome.  Phil is an amazing lyricist, singer and musician.  I love that Phil Collins quality of sound and insight and how he expresses himself.  Phil also used a high tech back drop as an added visual.  All great sounding artists, who really honed their craft...  When your that good, that's got to be recession proof.

Gail